Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2018

Unscrewed

Yesterday I received another text message from the Republicans urging me to support Trump's "team" in Congress, and this one referred to the previous messages from McConnell, Gingrich, et al.  All of those messages are from the NRSC, the National Republican Senatorial Committee, and they must be spending money hand over fist.  When they said they would match my contribution I thought it would be an even match; for every buck I contribute they would match it buck for buck, but not so.  They will do a 4:1 match, meaning they will contribute four dollars for every one of mine.  Again, thanks but no thanks but someone has some seriously deep pockets to be spending money like that.  But Illinois doesn't have any US Senate election this year so now I'm expected to support some mope in another state, someone I know little or nothing about?  I don't think so.

-----

That opinion piece by Marc Thiessen didn't make much sense to me either, and Uncle Ken nailed it; a liar isn't honest.  The writer is playing games with words.   The ability to keep a promise has little to do with being honest; unforeseen circumstances can prevent a promise from being kept.  I can promise Uncle Ken I will bake him some cornbread but if, at the last minute, my oven dies I won't be able to keep that promise.  Honesty has nothing to do with the failure of my oven and I don't think you can say I broke my promise.  The promise was broken, but I had no control over it.

Much ado about nothing, just a another piece of clickbait.

Yes, indeed, but you guys missed something significant.  I posted that link because it was in the Washington Post, the Jeff Bezos owned bastion of fake news and one of the big thorns in Trump's side.  I thought it was odd until I remembered all the heat that the big tech companies (Amazon, Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) are getting and I suspect that Bezos is trying to soften Trump up a bit by publishing an article that puts a little positive spin on Trump's actions.  Being called an honest president isn't fake news, or is it?

-----

...is god a man or a woman?

I thought at one time Uncle Ken mentioned that he was an Agnostic but I could be misremembering the facts.  If he is an Agnostic, why even bother getting into such a discussion unless you like engaging in spirited arguments?  If the subject comes up again you can say that God is a hermaphrodite; that should piss off everyone.

-----

Lots of luck, Old Dog, trying to figure out those Orientals.


It's a challenge to unscrew the inscrutable but odd little facts keep popping up.  In 1948 Korea was split in two, with the US installing their stooge in South Korea  and the Russians installing their own stooge, Kim Il-sung, as the head of North Korea.  Kim Il-sung, the grandfather of Trump's favorite Rocket Boy, was raised in a Presbyterian family.  I did not expect that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment