Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

so long

That theory that we dropped the bomb om Japan to scare the Russkies has been around for some time.  I don't think the truth of it has been established, but it has its adherents.  I hadn't heard that it was specifically to keep them out of Japan though.  I'm inclined to give Harry a pass on it though since it was a war after all.  We had bombed Japan previously and some of those raids had killed more than Hiroshima and Nagasaki immediately.  I don't think we knew about fallout then, because people used to drive out to the desert to get a good look at subsequent A bomb tests.

I knew we were heading into old chestnut time when the farmer's daughter entered the story, but Beagles gave it a good lead in.

I looked up Alaska on wiki and learned that the Spanish were in Alaska too trying to bolster their presence on the continent, hence the town of Valdez.

Well I'm off to Circle City soon.  You guys carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment