Search This Blog

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Checks and Balances

Not to worry, Old Dog, the checks and balances will be restored next month the same way they were when the Republicans gained control of Congress during the Obama administration.  If not, then we've got two more years to undo some of the damage that was incurred during said administration.

That cow video reminds me of a story that I heard from an old Blistonian friend of mine.  I have forgotten his real name, but everybody called him "Splash" because he was a commercial fisherman  who fell off the boat a lot, not to be confused with my last dog Splash, who was named after him.

There is a highway through the Florida Everglades known as "Alligator Alley" because the local alligators are the biggest traffic hazard on it.  One day Splash was driving along this road when he saw a pig fall off the truck ahead of him.  He honked his horn and flashed his lights, but the truck driver didn't stop.  Unwilling to leave the pig to the mercy of the alligators, Splash loaded it into the back seat of his car and then tried to catch up to the truck.  His increased speed caught the attention of a policeman, who pulled Splash over and asked him why he was driving so fast.  As Splash was trying to explain about the pig, the officer forgot all about the speeding and berated him for transporting livestock in a vehicle that was not certified for such purpose under Florida law.  "So what am I suppose to do with this pig?" Splash inquired. "I don't know", said the cop, "Take him to the zoo or something."

Exactly one week later, Splash was driving along that same stretch of road, with the same pig in his back seat, when the same cop pulled him over.  Now what are the chances of that happening?  "I thought I told you to take that pig to he zoo.", said the cop.  Splash replied, "I did exactly that, and he had such a good time that now I'm taking him to Disney World."

No comments:

Post a Comment