Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

This Just In

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBNPTid?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

I just now found this on my news app.  It tends to confirm what Uncle Ken said about those trade agreements, including the part about the glazing over effect they have on the eyes.  It seems the Pacific one was actually negotiated by Obama and cancelled by Trump, which he could do because it was never ratified by the Senate.  The new NAFTA doesn't seem to be that much different from the old NAFTA, which makes it hard to believe Trump's assertion that the old NAFTA was the worst trade deal in history and that the new NAFTA is the best trade deal in history.  One thing that caught my eye was that the US is now only the second biggest manufacturing power in the world, and Red China is the first.  Way back in the 70s I said that no good would come of Nixon's friendly overtures to the Red Chinese.  Remember, you heard it first from Talks With Beagles.

"And I will immediately turn to the racy bold black headers of the Kavanaugh story.  I can't believe that Beagles is bored with it," - Like I said before, I am more interested in issues than I am in celebrity gossip.  

Old Dog, did you actually milk that cow by hand?  I don't believe I've ever seen anybody do that in real life, only on TV.  Every dairy farm that I've ever visited used milking machines, as far back as the 1950s.  Of course those old fashioned portable machines are obsolete by now.  Some time ago I saw a thing on TV where the whole operation is so automated that the cows more or less milk themselves whenever they want to.  The cow walks onto a scale, where it is immediately recognized by it's implanted microchip.  The milking machine automatically hooks up, milks the cow, and then unhooks itself.  The cow is weighed before and after milking, the difference is logged into its permanent record, and the owner/operator can compare the production records of all the cows at any time.  I would have liked to know how they train those cows to step on the scale when they need to be milked, but they didn't explain that in the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment