Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Tautology?

I had to look that one up, and I'm still not sure that I know what it means.  One definition that I found is "a statement that is necessarily true" and another definition is "a redundant statement".  It occurred to me that the statement "a rose is a rose" might satisfy both definitions, but I still might be missing something.

Anyway even if he did say he was the Son of God He never claimed to be God, and obviously that was impossible since how can the son and the father be the same man.  It  doesn't make any sense."  Of course it doesn't make any sense, which is why they had to try to make it make sense.  While the Trinity is not mentioned in the Bible, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all mentioned.  It seems clear that the three entities are connected in some way, but it's not so clear exactly how they are connected.  The Trinity represents an attempt to reconcile the three divine beings with the concept of monotheism.  The Hindus did something like that with Brahma, Vishnu, and Siva, but I don't know if the Christians got the idea from them or thought it up by themselves.  

I have read a little about how the books of the New Testament were selected.  I understand there were other books that were considered for inclusion and rejected.  Whole books have since been written about the selection process itself, but I have never read any of them.

I read an article about the Khashoggi case after signing off last night.  It is my understanding that the alleged audio recording has not yet been shared with anybody, so it's very existence is doubted is some quarters.  Nevertheless, other evidence has been piling up and the investigation is ongoing.  Like I said, I'm sure they will get to the bottom if it sooner or later.

  "No matter how irritating a mosquito is I don't believe you ever give up and become her slave."
Indeed you do not!  You slap the shit out of her and, if there's more of them than you can handle with your bare hands, you break out the Raid.    


No comments:

Post a Comment