Search This Blog

Saturday, October 13, 2018

A Grain of Salt

I am familiar with Marc Thiessen's work because some of his columns are reprinted in our local paper.  I have said before that Thiessen is a bit of a Trump fan so you should take anything he says with a grain of salt, but of course the same may be said about Trump himself.  Be that as it may, I didn't find much to disagree with in the article that Old Dog linked us to.  I have also said before that I don't like Trump's personality, but I like many of the things that he has implemented, many but not all.  I was disappointed that he tried to patch up Obamacare instead of repealing it, and I don't like the way he has been kissing up to that Kim character from North Korea.  I'm still not sure about that tariff business.  To my knowledge, Red China is the only trading partner with which we have significant problems and, as far as I'm concerned, a total embargo would be more appropriate than a bunch of silly tariffs. Other than that, I think Trump is doing a fine job, in spite of his being such a jerk.

Lots of luck, Old Dog, trying to figure out those Orientals.  I don't know that much about them myself.  I once read somewhere that Orientals are inscrutable, so I have never tried to scrutinize them.

I don't have one of those magic telephones, so I don't think I can send or receive text messages.  There might be a way to do it on my desktop computer but, if there is, I don't know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment