Search This Blog

Saturday, October 13, 2018

The best policy

About a week and a half ago there was a test of a nation-wide text message, just in case of an emergency.  I didn't get any message and I was wondering if either of you guys know anything more about it.

Even if the government can't figure out how to send me a text message the political campaigners don't have any problem.  Last week I received four text messages, all soliciting money for the Republican Party to keep those radical Democrats out of Congress.  I don't know what organization is really behind those messages but they appeared to be personal messages from Lindsay Graham, Mitch McConnell, Newt Gingrich, and Tom Cotton.  Those guys are generous, promising to match any contribution I make; thanks, but no thanks.  If a nobody like me gets those messages I think everyone else does, too.

-----

One of the reasons I've been watching so many WW2 documentaries is to help me gain some perspective on the global interactions of today, especially in Asia.  I don't know how long those guys carry a grudge but I think there are still a lot of hidden resentments although they appear to play nicely, for now.  I wonder how China really feels about Japan.

-----

A recent opinion piece in the Washington Post is sure to drive folks nuts in that it states that Trump is the most honest president in modern history.  What a world we live in.  Up is down, down is up, and the sky is falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment