Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

trade agreements

Beagles sez: I think what was wrong with the original NAFTA was that we got rid of all our tariffs but they were allowed to keep some of theirs  But does that sound likely?  Why would we go for a deal like that?  I'll wager that Beagles does not  know the details of the NAFTA agreement or of the current one, and I'll admit that neither do I.  And if two learned gentlemen such as ourselves don't know the details, likely neither does Joe Six Pack, and certainly not Trump who was happy to pick out a few details as talking points and made up a few others out of thin air, and then got into talking about what really interests him, calling the press liars and traitors.

Way back when Hilary was more than just a Trump talking point, indeed, was taking on commie Bernie on the way to winning the nomination, the subject of the Pacific trade agreement, the Trans-Pacific Partnership (I had to look that up) became an issue.  Bernie was agin it.  The far left doesn't like trade agreements.  I don't think they put much thought into that, they go along with labor which also doesn't put much thought into it.  Anyway the main impetus of the TPP was to make it harder for China, excuse me Red China, to trade in Asia by making an agreement without  it.  But it was a trade treaty you know, like NAFTA (that sucking sound), and Hilary thought maybe it was hurting her in the polls, so she abandoned it. 

Before that a leftier friend of mine, a full-blown Bernie Baby wrote me an email about what a terrible idea the TPP was, and when I asked him what were the details of TPP that he didn't like he never wrote me back.  I expect in the next few days there will be some article on the fifth page in the corner of your local newspaper explaining the differences between the Trump Deal and NAFTA, and I am pretty sure that there won't be many differences, but I don't know how deep into the article I will get before my eyes glaze over.

And I will immediately turn to the racy bold black headers of the Kavanaugh story.  I can't believe that Beagles is bored with it,  sex, drinking, college hi-jinks, rancor, conspiracies, abuses of power, the nature of What Is Truth.  My eyes are glued   I guess until this blows over, and it may be awhile, Beagles can amuse themselves with animal stories on youtube, or maybe he can read that upcoming analytical article about the differences between Trump Trade (TT) and NAFTA, and take notes.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment