Search This Blog

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Little relief in sight

It's All Over But the Shouting...And I'm sure there will be a lot of that.

No kidding, Boss.  Having a Supreme Court so loaded in a particular direction throws the notion of "checks and balances" out the window.  The only bright spot I can think of is that Kavanaugh may bend over backwards to prove himself a neutral and competent jurist in order to put himself on the right side of history.  I shall not hold my breath.

-----

Trump's rallies don't hold much interest for me except for their fright value.  From what I've seen he smirks a lot, especially after one of his crowd-pleasing proclamations.  He can really work a crowd, especially one so firmly in his corner.  I'd like to see him in front of a large group that isn't so deeply up his ass; his rallies seem to be avoiding  the blue states entirely.

There's a phrase Trump uses frequently that I've noticed that can suck his listeners into his narrative and make them part of his team.  It's "As you know..." which is a subtle way for him to tell the listeners that they already agree with him.  He's never been called out on it, nobody has ever said, "No, I don't know..." 

I can't help but think that Trump is dragging this nation more deeply into the abyss.  Now he's calling the Democratic Party too radical, which to me is a real stretch and a step too far.  I wonder if he has any redeeming qualities.  At least Nixon could play the piano.

-----

I apologize for continually milking this topic but here's a guy who really likes his cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment