Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Halloween morning thoughts

If chicks up front was never part of a written record I have to assume it was never, if ever, much of a thing.  Both pro and anti war forces during Vietnam wrote plenty so I have to think that it never was, like the idea that returning soldiers were routinely spat upon.

Even though I have come out against breaking news I have to admit that I am addicted to it, especially since it is so close to the election, which may be precisely the wrong time because most of the news at this time is politicians flapping their jaws, and polls which tend to zigzag a bit, but there it is, I am addicted.

I will stand by my Occam's Razor interpretation for the unexploded bombs until more information comes out.  The idea that the mad unbomber had a soft heart doesn't seem reasonable.  If Old Dog has some other explanation let him say it.

It seems to me that feral cats are a better solution to the rat problem than minks.   Of course the more cats catch rats the fewer rats that are around for cats to eat and the fewer cats.  Likewise the fewer rats around the more food is available for the remaining rats and their population grows.  Rats, like terrorism, we will always have among us.


Sorry guys I had an overnight guest so I didn't  get to finish my morning post.  One thing has occurred to me though this evening.  Back in the days when Beagles was in Germany protecting us from the Russkies if an unarmed mob of Russkies looking to cross the wall to get good jobs in the west and his sarge asked him to fire on them would he have?  How about Old Dog when he was guarding Camp Swampy?  Myself I never got further than ROTC, but if some drunk sarge had given me live ammunition and wanted me to mow down a crowd wanting to tear down the goal posts in the unlikely event of an Illinois victory I like to think that I would not have fired.





No comments:

Post a Comment