Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Entertainer in Chief

Like I said, I have never watched a Trump rally for any length of time.  I remember seeing a few seconds of one during the campaign where he had everybody chanting "Lock her up!", which was all it took to cause me to lose interest in the rest of it.  From what Uncle Ken said, it sounds like Trump is more of a stand up comic than a rabble rouser.  I remember hearing one of the other primary candidates refer to Trump as "Entertainer in Chief", and I myself once called him the "Clown Prince", but I don't remember if that was a Beagles original or if I had previously heard it from another source.

Speaking of names, thanks to Old Dog for tracking down "molly".  I knew that male cats are called "toms", but I didn't know what female cats are called.  I thought it might be "pussy" but, according to my dictionary, that's a nickname for any kind of housecat.  I seem to remember hearing that a lion is a 500 pound pussy that eats you, but I doubt that was from a reliable source.

The House of Representatives doesn't get to vote on confirmation of a presidential appointment, only the Senate does.  Likewise, only the Senate votes to ratify an international treaty.  Treaties must get a 2/3 majority to pass, but appointments only require a simple majority.  (Article II, Section2, Paragraph 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment