Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Pot Shots

"I don't know where Beagles comes up with the outlandish idea that a bunch of unarmed folks are  going to mob a line of well-armed US border patrol or troops, or that in that unlikely situation the armed guys will just shrug and let them through, but he appears not to be joking when he apparently relishes the thought of a lawless (taking the law into their own hands) armed mob taking Old Betsy off the shelf and taking potshots at people who look like well, Latinos of some stripe.  His use of the word we implies that he would like to take part.  And somehow he seems to believe that Americans of Latin heritage will be taking part also, although he is not sure of which side they will be on." - Uncle Ken

I came up with this outlandish idea after hearing that this same mob did exactly that when they crossed the border from Guatemala into Mexico last week.  I don't relish the thought of trying to defend myself against 7,000 hungry Hispanics with my deer rifle, but I will do it if I have to.  What's the alternative, lay down on the ground and let them trample me?  Better to go down fighting like Davy Crocket at the Alamo.  I don't know why I said "we", wishful thinking I guess.  In the event that they make it as far as Beaglesonia, there probably won't be anybody left by then to help me.  I certainly wouldn't waste precious ammunition shooting at anybody who looks like a Latino, only the ones who are actually attacking me or my neighbors.  I've never seen anybody around here who looks like a Latino anyway, but I don't get around much anymore, so there may be a few that I don't know about.  

I had not heard about those other caravans until Old Dog mentioned them the other day.  Then I read an article on my news feed which claimed that some of the photos being currently shown are actually old ones that were taken of other caravans in previous years.  I tend to believe that because I once saw a film clip on the TV news that was supposed to be showing an anti-American riot in Iraq, and one of the rioters was carrying a sign that said "Save The Whales".  When I went to school, a caravan was a string of camels trudging across the desert, but I understand that the Brits call a camper trailer a caravan.  If it was up to me, I would call these guys a mob or a horde, but maybe we'd better stick with "Caravan" now that we all know what it means.

Michigan voters will be voting on a ballot proposal to legalize the recreational use of pot in the coming election.  I have been advocating this for as long as I can remember, but now I have second thoughts about it.  I mean, it is a liberal agenda item, and the liberals have been trying to get me to lose weight and quit smoking cigarettes for a long time.  So why should I support them now?  Well, for one thing, it will still be illegal to transport the stuff across state lines, so local growing facilities will need to be developed.  Hopefully this will keep most of the money spent on pot in Michigan instead of sending it off to Mexico.  My mind could still change but, as of now, I plan to vote for the proposal.





No comments:

Post a Comment