Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Bugs in the system

The holy ghost is nowhere in the bible because he wasn't invented until like the fourth century AD...

Technically correct; the Bible doesn't use the word "ghost" but references to the Spirit or Holy Spirit abound, and I'll leave it at that.

-----

I had another interesting computer experience today and I hope it isn't part of a trend.  For reasons unknown, the password for my e-mail account no longer worked.  It was one of the passwords that my browser (Firefox) remembered and I never had problems before; it was working fine less than eight hours earlier.  Maybe it's just one of those "things" like Mr. Beagles has encountered with Google but it's a pain in the ass.  I lucked out this time with a productive live-chat session with one of the minions from AT&T and was able to reset the password with no further issues but now I have another password to forget and a new one to remember although I do write the passwords down.  My collection of passwords is growing, more than twenty now, but most are for accounts I haven't used in years.  Better safe than sorry.

-----

There was a recent article about the decline of the insect population in certain parts of the world and I wonder if Mr. Beagles has noticed anything similar in the realm of Beaglesonia. Does it seem like there are fewer bugs than when he first moved into the area?

The implications of a decline in the insect population are profound; insects are near the bottom of the food chain and everything further up will be affected, starting with birds and small mammals.  We could be in for a rough ride, with Mother Nature having the last laugh.

-----

I was happy to see that The Death of Stalin was well received by Uncle Ken; for a while I was beginning to doubt my taste in films.  Its historical accuracy surprised me, at least according to a 1953 dispatch from a New York Times correspondent who was in Moscow at the time.  It's a good read and fleshes out the context a bit.

-----

AI is a subject that hasn't gained much traction in this forum despite my efforts but that's okay.  We don't always like discussing the same things and I'm fine with that although for me, politics and religion are getting a little old.  Having said that, how do you guys feel about a forever war?

No comments:

Post a Comment