Search This Blog

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Tonto Said it Best

Lone Ranger: Tonto, we are in big trouble. We are outnumbered and surrounded by hostile Indians.
Tonto: What you mean "we", White Man?

You guys may consider yourself one of them (small "t" no italics), but I don't, and I certainly don't consider myself to be my own enemy. Indeed, I use the terms "we" and "us" sparingly, when I use them at all. There's the three of us at the Institute, there's my family, which I would call "our family" if I was talking to one of them, and that's about it. None of us were responsible for losing the Korean War or the Vietnam War, that was our leadership, and I still believe they did it on purpose.

I agree with Uncle Ken that the various wars against Islamic terrorists shouldn't be included in the "no-win" category because our leadership hasn't lost those, at least not yet. They might not either, because there is no way they can make a global government out of those tribal savages. That might be the reason they deliberately lost Korea and Vietnam, they wanted to bring about a global government, and that's also what the Commies wanted.  I used to think that our guys were in league with the Commies, but now I'm not so sure because it appears that the Commies weren't even in league with each other. It also seems that our "they" people have abandoned their vision of a global government in favor of a global economy. Be that as it may, they are still trying to reduce all the nations of the world to the lowest common denominator.

When I was in Berlin, we did some of our tactical training in the Grunewald, which was something like the Cook County Forest Preserves. Because the Germans also used it as a park, there were limitations placed on our activities there. Twice a year, each of our battalions went to Wilflecken for three weeks, and our weapons platoons also went once a year to Grafenwehr. Both of those places were in West Germany, and we had to cross East Germany to get there. We traveled in convoy and had to stop at checkpoints on both border crossings. We had three permanent infantry battalions, and we took turns so that only one battalion was out of town at a time. There also was a rotating battalion that kind of filled in for us when we were gone, so there were always at least three battalions on duty in Berlin.

 Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens, although they don't pay income tax and their voting privileges are limited. They have held plebiscite's from time to time, but there has never been a majority in favor of either independence or statehood. I'm not sure what Trump would have to do to cut them loose without their consent, but I doubt he could do it without the approval of congress, or at least the senate.




No comments:

Post a Comment