Search This Blog

Friday, September 8, 2017

four legs good, two legs better

So I wonder if Beagles is out watching the Northern lights.  I've heard it came all the way down here, but of course I have too much light.  If I had a boat I wonder how far into the lake I would have to go.  I remember when I was a kid and went to the planetarium and they switched off the lights and turned on their machine and there was no sky I ever saw.  I've only seen the milky way once in my life.  I wonder if Beagles can see it from the freehold.

Speaking of crackpot ideas I always had this one where once a year for maybe five minutes everybody turns out all their lights except for hospitals and stuff, and everybody can look up and go aahhh.

Speaking of still more crackpot ideas I heard the BBC talking about the problem of the border between northern and real Ireland.  Ireland is remaining in the common market, therefore the border between it and Northern Ireland is the border between EU and non EU.  But the two Irelands have buried the hatchet twenty years ago and don't want to go back to the days of the troubles.  And they enjoy free trade with each other.  Remember when free trade was a good thing and not a commie plot?  So what do they do about  the borders?

Well like everything else it all comes down to Trump, his theory of government, if you want to get something done you order somebody else to do it and then you go play a round of golf, excuse me, a great round of golf (silver lining, Irma is heading right for Mar A Largo).

Speaking of Trump, have you been following the reaction of the reps to his rubbing toes with Beelzebub.  Now the top reps are saying actually this is a pretty good strategic move.  The freedom caucus types think it's a terrible idea but they are not blaming it on Trump, but on Mitch and Paul.  Trump has broken the surly bonds of logic.

I read lately of a dreamer who had married a US citizen, but still wouldn't be able to become a US citizen because he entered illegally.  Internet research reveals that it is complicated.  Too bad, me and Old Dog would have happily married a dreamer even without the conjugal benefits or even whipping up a mean mess of tamales, but just so we could ask her if she thought our crackpot ideas were crackpot ideas and she could purse her lips and say, "Si."

No comments:

Post a Comment