Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Toast and a barking dog


As long as Mr. Beagles can get online he shouldn't have to dig too deeply to get all the information he needs to get his system up and running at a brisk pace.  I did a quick Google search for "Windows 10 control panel" and a whole crapton of hits appeared, one of which will surely be suitable for his needs.  Also, Acer has a YouTube channel, AcerAmericaService, that has plenty of video tutorials relating to many aspects of Windows 10.  So, there 'ya go; at least it can get him started.

-----

Since this shit hit the fan, there have been no tweets from Dumbo.  None at all.  If that isn't suspicious I don't know what is.

Allay your suspicions, Uncle Ken.  Early this morning (0630) I checked the Twitter feed of SCROTUS (so-called ruler of United States) and there were a few, some only minutes old.  The leaks have him in a tizzy, as well as they should.  The intelligence community is not on his side, and that is an issue that can cause problems for all of us further down the road. Pundits have been yapping about how the leaks are more dangerous to the nation than the information they reveal.

What is more interesting than the tweets themselves is the nature and amount of comments that follow them.  Most are negative and terms like treason, impeachment, and prison are often mentioned.  They may be worth a read, but make sure your tin foil hat is fitting securely.

-----

I discovered a bit of synchronicity recently, indicating that the discussions of the Institute are in tune with other writers.  In an article titled The Madness of King Donald, the conservative writer Andrew Sullivan says this:

Most Fridays, from now on, I’ll be writing in this space about, among other things, the end of Western civilization, the collapse of the republic, and, yes, my beagles.
(emphasis added)

Later he writes:

But all the traditional political fibbers nonetheless paid some deference to the truth — even as they were dodging it. They acknowledged a shared reality and bowed to it.


But he's talking about empirical reality, not objective reality.  I had to dig a little to determine the differences  between objective, empirical, and absolute realities but then my thoughts got muddled, like they are starting to split hairs.  It seems to me that they are all valid, and can work together nicely.  Otherwise it's like Christians arguing about whether or not wine should be given during the sacrament of holy communion while losing sight of the bigger picture.  I will leave it to Uncle Ken to parse the differences and give the final word.  Myself, I'm leaning towards empirical as my reality of choice, as if I had any choice in the matter.  Certain aspects of reality continue to elude me.

-----

After the most recent seminar, I stopped at Snappie's, a local shrimp and fried fish joint for some catfish and hush puppies.  As I waited for my bus, two young ladies, maybe in their twenties, approached while engaged in an animated discussion fueled, no doubt, by a few cocktails.  One of them asked me if I've ever heard of putting cinnamon and sugar on buttered toast, not the topic of conversation I was expecting.  Being wise to the ways of the world, I replied, "Of course, but the butter has to be at room temperature and the sugar and cinnamon should be mixed thoroughly before application to the buttered toast."  I didn't expound on bread choices.  They must have been impressed, because one of them, the shorter, chubbier, and cuter of the two, asked if she could give me a hug.

Always willing to comply in such circumstances, I agreed, and we hugged.  After more than a suitable length of time I asked, "Aren't you glad I'm not Donald Trump?"  The ensuing laughter broke the spell and we disengaged, just in time for my arriving bus.  Smiles all around, and they proceeded to the nearby nightspot to continue their girl's night out in the big city.

The Old Dog is still barking.

No comments:

Post a Comment