Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2017

Texas food and technical difficulties

Hamms comes from the land of sky blue waters and Coors is brewed with Rocky Mountain spring water, but you know, I don't know, I don't think so,  I'm pretty sure that the makers of yellow beer treat their water so that it is all alike.  But I've been wrong before so I went to the google machine and it was practically screaming about how important the water is, But this was mostly all home brewers, so maybe it's more important to them because they have to rely on tap water, but from the contents of the articles it seems like they too treat their water.

I was skeptical also about the purveyors of yellow beer changing their recipes.  Why would they do that?  Isn't the main virtue of yellow beer that you know exactly what you are getting?  Back to the google machine and it was full of craft brewers and there was nothing about the big brewers.  Anyway I could never tell the difference between yellow beers,  Busch has an attractive can with all those mountains, you know like the ones that surround St Louis, and an attractive can is a good part of the battle with yellow beers.  Budweiser on the other hand is like the evil empire of yellow beers, on the other hand I think they now own Goose Island who makes my home IPA.

Where is Beagles?  Has Kali done something to him?  Is she dancing on a new consort?


If Uncle Ken doesn't continue his story through 1985 I will feel cheated, but he is a sly rascal and full of surprises.

Does Old Dog really mean this?  The part about me continuing my story, because I tell you, you won't get much napping when these jaws get to flapping.  

I think I had enchiladas for the first time in Austin Texas.  I had always loved Mexican food, well what was called Mexican food, which at first was those awful tv dinners, but I thought they were great at the time.  Oh wait there were tamales too.  The guy with the hot dog cart at 55th and Homan would sometimes reach deep into that sweet-smelling steamy cart and pull out a couple Tom Tom Tamales.  Later there were those fast food joints, but all they had was burritos and tacos, enchiladas were a bit more complicated.

Good eating in Texas, besides the Tex Mex there was southern, okra and cornbread and chicken fried steak, the latter, for which I admit I never developed a taste.  And there was bbq.  We have bbq in Chicago now, but ten years ago it was hard to find and when you did it was mostly the sweet southern kind.


Time out for some technical difficulties.  It's the backspace key.  I have to hit it on the left side and hold it down and jiggle it a bit and even then sometimes it gets stuck and takes out the whole sentence.  I am thinking off the plastic top and seeing if I can jiggle with the stuff underneath it to get it to work better, but I'll wait for advice from Old Dog who seems to know about these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment