Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Diane Seemed Nice

I haven't been paying much attention to Trump, too busy trying to learn Windows 10. I called support yesterday and spent over an hour on the phone with Diane F. I had been trying to access my defrag program and the procedure given to me by Cortana wasn't working. Diane is a real person, I know because I asked her. She was so knowledgeable and efficient that I suspected she might be a machine. I think she took it as a compliment.

Diane set us up in a "remote session".  As near as I can tell, her machine did something like a Vulcan mind meld with my machine. She told me to keep my hands off the curser, which I did, and she took control. In addition to showing my how to access my defrag, she did a bunch of other stuff that was supposed to improve my computer's performance. I'll have to take her word for it because she was moving so fast that I couldn't follow her. I was exhausted by the end of the session, just from watching her do all that stuff.

Diane was also supposed to fix my Outlook e-mail program, which wasn't communicating with my Google g-mail account, but we both forgot about it. The next day, Oulook was in even worse shape, now showing only a blank screen. I feard that it was my fault. You see, I was suffering from nicotine withdrawl as well as exhaustion, and Diane said I could go do something else while she finished up. I came back later and, assuming she was finished, shut down my computer. When I saw that Outlook had gotten worse, I thought I had shut down while Diane was still working, but that turned out not to be the case. She sent me an e-mail the next day summarizing what we had accomplished, and asked if I had any further questions. I told her about the situation with Outlook, and she confessed that she had forgotten it. I'm so glad that it wasn't my fault! I replied to her message and asked her what I should do now. Watch this space for further developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment