Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2017

Mayday! Mayday!

I bought a new computer over the weekend because my old one was giving me a lot of trouble and I decided it was time to pull the plug on it. It's over eight years old and I have been told that, when they get that old, they're not worth fixing anymore. The selection at Walmart was limited because those new fangled mobile units have crowded most of the regular equipment off the shelves. I ended up buying an Acer with a Windows 10 operating system. My last system was a Windows 7 so I have skipped a couple generations, and I'm having trouble figuring this one out.

I called Acer tech support and pressed "1" for English. I suppose you could say that Jose spoke English, but it was an unfamiliar dialect and I could barely understand him. He did give me some help and then told me to call Microsoft tech support for the rest, or go to their website.  Tonight I found the Institute with some difficulty, so I thought I'd ask you guys about it before I try anything else. I can only do so much of this shit before I become frustrated and burn out for the night.

I think my email works, but I have lost my contacts list, so I'll have to wait until somebody contacts me to know for sure. I can't find my control panel, or any other programs, so I haven't even set my clock yet. Any tips you guys can give me will be appreciated. That's all for tonight, it's late and I want to check my email yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment