Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Eureka!

Guess what I found......the Acer user's manual! I was clicking on some unfamiliar icons just to see what they do and I stumbled on this user's manual. I said in the beginning that they should have provided a user's manual with this thing, and it turns out that they did. Silly me, I was looking for a paper manual in the box with the other equipment. Also, I have ordered the book "Windows 10 for Dummies" from Amazon. I first tried to find it at our local bookstore, but it turns out they went out of business over five years ago and another much smaller store has since taken their place. They didn't have the book in stock and offered to order it for me, but I can do that myself. I told Diane to take a break while I took some time to learn this system. Poor girl, I must have worn her to a frazzle by now.

Thanks for telling me about that insert/overstrike feature, I didn't know it existed. Maybe I should have taken a class or something when I first started using computers back in 2000, but who's got time for that? My daughter gave me some pointers to start me out, and I have been picking up bits and pieces whenever I needed them ever since. Now, with people like Cortana and Diane on my side, I might become proficient at this before I log out and go to that big cyberspace in the sky.

I think that red underlining thing is a Google problem. I have recently encountered it on my g-mail account, which I have been using until I can get Outlook to work, and that is also a Google product. Maybe I should just ignore it because it seems to go away when I publish my post or send my e-mail. I'm surprised, though that you guys haven't experienced it. Who knows what evil lurks in the inner sanctum of Windows 10?

I do see what you mean about your rambling anecdote, but it was a good story anyway. I enjoy a little comic relief when I am struggling with demons like I have been lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment