Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Scarred for life

The continuing tale of the Windows 10 installation is fascinating but is sending up red flags.  Isn't this OS supposed to be an improvement?  It wouldn't surprise me if the hypothetical wife gives the hapless Mr. Beagles the stink-eye, asking, "So who is this Diane that keeps calling?"

-----

While browsing the many articles that caught my eye recently, this one line stood out: Rambling and long-winded anecdotes could be an early sign of Alzheimer’s disease...  I'll have to keep that in mind at the next seminar lest I give myself away; I do have a tendency to ramble on at length, as Uncle Ken can attest but I can always blame it on the Guinness and other fine drinkables that I enjoy.

-----

Here we are, one month into the new regime, and history is constantly being made.  According to Gallup, after only thirty days in office Trump has a presidential approval rating of 40%.  That must be some kind of new record.

There is irony in the fact that Trump's supporters are among the first to feel the effects of his policies.  Ranchers and farmers used to have a great market in Mexico, selling beef and corn, but that is now in jeopardy with Brazil and Argentina being new sources for Mexico's needs.  The great and grandiose businessman has forgotten that you don't piss off your best customers.

And wasn't ISIS supposed to have been destroyed in the first thirty days?  It will be the media's fault, believe you me.

It's too bad that SCROTUS doesn't realize that an adversarial relationship with the media is part of the deal and he forgets all the heat that Obama frequently encountered.  Maybe he is learning and his sycophants can spoon feed him information until he can take big bites

-----

I'm not alone in having my mind clouded by the existence of  Trump & Co., but it's something that can't be ignored, like a scab that you can't help but pick at.  And it's going to leave an ugly scar.

No comments:

Post a Comment