Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Thinking Like a Machine

I seem to remember that Kali is Siva's main squeeze, so I doubt it is his head that she is stomping on. It's probably a demon because, among other things, Kali is known as the destroyer of demons. Be that as it may, Uncle Ken really outdid himself with his last post. It was a work of art. Anyway, Diane isn't anything like Kali, she's really nice.

It occurred to me this morning that I might have better luck talking to Microsoft's Virtual Assistant if I started thinking and talking like a machine. I noticed in Diane's last e-mail that, when she referred to our case number, she prefixed it with "SRX" and suffixed it with "ID". I occurred to me that those letters might be computer code for "case number" so, instead of calling it "case number 1375145764", I called it "SRX1375145764ID, and the Virtual Assistant bought it. She told me that I should make sure that I have the current version of Windows 10 and, if I didn't, to download the latest upgrade. I found this icon that said "Windows 10 Upgrade" and, sure enough, there was one waiting for me to upload. I was in the process of doing this when Diane called me on the phone. I told her what I was doing, she said that it was a good idea, and asked me to let her know how it turned out. Well, the upload failed due to "error code 0x80072ee7". I went back to Virtual Assistant and told her what happened. (I assume that Virtual Assistant is female because there is a female looking drawing above her title.) Anyway, V.A. gave me a half dozen answers, none of which I understood. I told Diane about it by e-mail, so we'll see what she has to say about it. During our phone conversation today, I mentioned to Diane that I was considering buying the book "Windows 10 for Dummies", and she said that would be a good book for me. I really believe that she is taking a personal interest in my case. She must be the kind of person who likes a challenge.

I talked to my daughter on the phone today. She also has recently aquired Windows 10 and she really hates it. She is coming to visit us this Saturday, so I suppose we will have a lot to talk about. My daughter is the one who first got me interested in computers back in 2000, you know.

I sent some feedback to Blogger about that red underlining problem I've been having, but they haven't responded yet. Are you guys also having that problem, or is it just me? I noticed tonight that, when that happens, my curser also starts acting funny. When I insert a letter into a word that I have already typed, it doesn't make a space for itself, it displaces the next letter instead, and I end up having to retype the whole sentence. I had that problem on a different site some years ago, and I found that, if I leave the site and come back to it, the problem goes away. This has happened to me several times tonight, and I found that I don't have to leave the site, just post my blog and then click back onto it.

Say what you want about Trump, at least he brought our global warming back. We experienced two record breaking cold winters in a row right after Obama was elected the first time, and it only got better after the congress went Republican. Now, with Trump, we are experiencing a record breaking warm winter. Coincidence? I think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment