Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

What, Me worry?

I wasn't exactly terrified walking the halls of Gage Park, but it could have been safer. I had some stuff stolen from my gym locker, I reported it, and nothing was done about it. I was writing for the school newspaper at the time, and the teacher asked me to write an editorial, so I wrote about the lack of concern about locker room theft that had been displayed by the gym teacher. The teacher refused to print it because it was critical of school policy. Next semester, I signed up for ROTC instead of gym and didn't sign up for the school paper, and that was the end of that. The hoodlum types were always trying to bait me into a fight, but I wouldn't bite because I didn't want to get suspended. One day it occurred to me that the reason the hoodlums kept hassling me was that they knew I wouldn't fight, so I fought the next one. I got suspended for two days, but the hoodlums never bothered me again, so it was worth it.

There is nothing wrong with the schools today, it's the people in them. They don't have many hoodlum types in the Cheboygan schools, but they do have a lot of goofy kids that could hurt someone with all their horsing around. I think the teachers are more competent that they were in the old days, but they can only do so much. If I was a kid today, I would try to do home schooling or online schooling. That way I could learn stuff without having to put up with all those goofy people.

Sorry I got that wrong about Trump banning bump stocks. I just heard a brief mention of it on the TV news and didn't bother to look into it further. Like I said, fully automatic guns are already illegal for civilians. I think that was passed back in the 1920s when Al Capone and his people were shooting up Chicago and other cities. I don't know how effective that law was at the time. I think it was the repeal of Prohibition that finally put those guys out of business. Semi autos are not illegal and, if my buddies in the NRA have anything to say about it, they never will be.

I always thought of myself as a philosopher until I did some reading about real philosophers. It just occurred to me that I could call myself a rustic philosopher. That sounds good, I think I'll go with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment