Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Locked Out Again

The Google Machine locked me out of my account again. I tried using my recovery email, and that didn't work. Well, it kind of worked, but it didn't get me into my account. They sent their verification code just like they promised, with instructions to type it in the box, which I did. Then I got two messages, one right over the other. One said, "Thank you for confirming your account", and the other said, "We were unable to confirm your account". I suppose I could have fooled around with it some more, but it was late and I have been sick with the flu lately. I didn't even try last night, but everything was back to normal tonight.

I suppose I should consider getting one of those flu shots next fall. I have been evading it so far because some people claim, that those shots do more harm than good. Anyway, the flu didn't used to be such a big deal when we were kids but, of course, we're not kids anymore. Both my hypothetical wife and I have been struggling with this one for a solid week, and we're not out of the woods yet.

I know better than to argue gun control with Uncle Ken, I was just trying to bring Old Dog up to speed on our previous discussion because he asked. There was one point that I wanted to follow up on, however. Uncle Ken had stated that posting armed guards in the schools just wasn't going to happen, and I pointed out that it is indeed happening in some communities as we speak. Uncle Ken rejoined with:
"Individual communities can waste their money as they please.  What I was speaking of, of course, was action by congress, which will not happen.  There.  Sigh."
So why is it a waste of money if local governments do it, but not if Congress does it on a national level? What's the difference, as long as it gets done? 

No comments:

Post a Comment