Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

the morning after election day

I guess the election went well enough for me.  I lost at gov and attorney general, but these were long shots anyway.  The main thing is Berrios lost, and I got  my county commissioner. Alas that very blue (and not blue in the right way) dog Lipinski squeaked out a victory,  The right winger running against Rauner fell a wee bit short.  I guess I would rather have run our nominee against her, but then I was rooting for Trump all along because I wanted to run against him and look how that turned out.

That jabberwocky thing was just because I couldn't find any regular English words slimy enough to describe Berrios, and then I just carried on with it, you know, for style.

As for that brief Finnish Better Living video, I don't know, it looks like they put some kind of liner in it, I suppose I could have done the same thing if I put in a liner.  I said it looks like, because there was a lot of giggling and whatnot going on so I skipped through much of it.  That's the main weakness of youtube in my opinion, everyone thinks they are a Hollywood star and you have to put up with their shenanigans when all you want to know is how to build an ice cream machine or an icy hot tub.

I like Stormy Daniels, a bit too much of a spicy meatball for Ken's tastes, but I like her attitude, and now two more have come forward.  I don't expect these to hurt Trump all that much, but the richies are getting all the bread, so we might as well enjoy the circus.


I guess I could have voted in 66 too, but that was an off-year election so not much going on.  I see where Douglas was running against Percy.  I wonder if Percy might have been more liberal than Douglas.

I wonder why Beagles was for JFK in 60.  I understand not liking Nixon, but JFK?  Well thinking back he was not the liberal icon he is thought of today,  I believe he was rather hawkish.  Read a book a couple years ago about how Ike treated Nixon, abominably, but who could doubt Dick deserved it.  He had those solid anti-commie bona fides from his California days, but I think that was mostly just opportunism.

Didn't Beagles have a Gage Park teacher who taught him that anecdotal evidence don't mean shit?

No comments:

Post a Comment