Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Guilty as Charged

But, if it please the court, I'd like to submit articles of mitigation and extenuation. If I paid attention to everything the experts said, following their advice would be a full time job, leaving me no time to do anything else. Then there's the way they keep changing everything. One day coffee is bad for you, and the next day it's good for you. Back in the1970s there was an event known as "The Swine Flu Fiasco", in which the swine flu vaccine killed more people than the swine flu did. Admittedly, nothing like that has happened before or since, but you never know, it could happen again next year, or a hundred years from now. Be that as it may, I have already resolved to get my flu shot this fall.

It's like what they told us about the ethanol in the gas. Actually, there's been ethanol in our gasoline for a long time now but, some years ago, they increased the percentage. When they first added the ethanol, again back in the 1970s, it was supposed to ruin the engines of every car on the road, but it never did. When they increased the percentage, they said it wouldn't hurt our cars and trucks, but it was not recommended for small engines like lawn mowers and chain saws. A small amount of ethanol free gas was made available at an increased price, so I figure it was just a scam to get more money out of us. I continued to use regular gas in my small engines for years, until it ruined all the seals in the carburetor of my weed whacker. I have used ethanol free gas in all my small engines ever since. It was probably a wash, cost wise, but I didn't like having my weed whacker stuck in the shop for several weeks during prime weed whacking season.

Life is like that. If you believed everything they told you, it would drive you nuts, but you have believe something once in a while or you wouldn't be able to do anything at all. It's a puzzlement.

No comments:

Post a Comment