Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Checking in

I'm glad he is getting his flu shot next year though.  I wonder if Old Dog got his.  Where is he?

Lurking.  Not every discussion requires a response from me, especially those of a cynical bent, and not every question can be answered.

But no, never had a flu shot but to me it's an acceptable risk.  From what I've read, a flu shot reduces your risk of getting the flu by 50% once you are exposed, but there are a lot of flu variants and the flu shot only covers maybe three or four of them.  The vaccine itself is prepared well in advance of flu season, based on the best estimates of which flu variations will appear.  Having the flu shot does not guarantee immunity from all types of flu and not having the shot does not mean you will, with 100% certainty, get the flu.  Maybe there is compelling data to convince me otherwise but, until then, it's an acceptable risk for me.

-----

Beagles has a tendency when presented with two opinions to give them equal weight and shrug his shoulders, what's a fellow do to?  When the mechanic tells him he needs an oil change and the guy on the next bar stool tells him to paint the truck yellow, he doesn't know which way to go.


I don't know how you arrive at such a conclusion, Uncle Ken, since you're not giving Mr. Beagles any credit for considering the source of the proffered opinions.  I think it's more likely that he will consult a second mechanic rather than the guy on the next bar stool.

Sometimes I think that there are some people that have no respect for any opinion other than their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment