Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2018

it's a free country

The nuts, like the poor, have always been with us, and they will always be with us, there is nothing to be done about that.  That's why you don't want superweapons to be easily available.  Rental trucks have a use in society, people need to move their stuff and they don't own a truck.  Superweapons have no use in society so we don't lose anything by getting rid of them.

I wonder about the Florida kid slipping through the cracks.  I'll bet there are plenty more that act like him and hauling them all in before they do anything is probably impractical. 


 I don't have any answers for this one.

If Old Dog means he has no answer on preventing school shootings, don't feel bad neither does anybody else, nor are there answers to terrorism or the opiate epidemic or long severe winters/  All these political speeches, all these earnest kids marching with candles, and they are all talking about how we should eliminate the problem when they should be speaking about minimizing the damage.


I don't understand being jaded with too many plot structures like that is a new thing, has it not, like the poor and the nuts always been with us?  There are only like three primary colors and yet I see new things every time I go to watercolor class.  I don't read literature like I used to but I see plenty of movies and I don't see any running out of plots there.  Actually I have an issue with the very idea of plots, like they are what a movie is all about when I think of them like just frameworks to hang your movie on. 

Genre movies are numbingly repetitive because that is what their fans want. They want the hero to punch out the villain in the old warehouse down by the river, and the swain to appear at the door of the girlfriend who thought she had been rejected with a big teddy bear and a chest of jewelry and some kind of boat or something on a trailer in the street.  If they don't get that they feel cheated.  Well it's a free country.


 I don't know what to say to the freeholder on the edge of the country who doesn't want to rub elbows with people unlike himself and doesn't want to pay for his neighbors kids to be educated because he thinks the kids in the school are hopeless hooligans and wants cops patrolling the halls of those dangerous places.  What hope for America with citizens like that?  On the other hand, it is a free country.

Hey Grandpa, what's for supper?

No comments:

Post a Comment