Search This Blog

Sunday, November 12, 2017

You Better Believe It !

Someone has said it this way: If you try to explain the Trinity, you will lose your mind. But if you deny it, you will lose your soul.

That's one of the problems I have with Christianity, it's all conditional on belief. I am an objective realist, I define reality as that which exists independent of perception or belief. Either the Trinity is true or it's not, my belief or disbelief has nothing to do with it. Since I can neither prove it nor disprove it, I choose to keep an open mind about it. The reason I believe in God is that I find it easier to believe that the Universe was created by an intelligent being than by random chance, but that's just me. God's existence or non existence is not dependent on my belief or anyone else's.

I also find it easier to believe in a single god than a tripartite god, but again, that's just me. If belief in the Trinity makes it easier for others to believe in God, then I can't see any harm in it. Maybe God is just too big for some people's understanding, so they break Him up into more manageable pieces. Not that I claim to fully understand God in any form, but there are a lot of things that I don't understand. I only have a vague idea about how this computer, my TV set, my pickup truck, or my tractor works, but that doesn't stop me from using them. If we had to wait until we totally understood everything before we dealt with it, we wouldn't get a whole lot done.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment