Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

why can't we go to the moon again?

So those printer cartridges have chips.  I remember getting a new printer and trying to use the cartridge from the previous and it wouldn't  recognize it, probably the chip just turned the cartridge off.  Oh the perfidy of it all, why doesn't the government issue a warning to the populace?  How could I have been so stupid?  But you know it  wasn't always that way.  I used to have printers that worked well.  It seems like maybe this is a development of the last five years.  I kept thinking I must've got a lemon and it's so cheap I can just buy another. 

I Read that article.  They were much more favorable to ink jet printers than I would be. 

Wonder what is up with Beagles.  Was watching the science channel last night.  Generally they just have crap like all those cable channels that started out high class but now show Duck Dynasty or Storage Wars in an endless loop, but this one was actual science, asteroids that might brush close to earth, those mysterious moons of the gas giants that may be warmed by gravitational forces and have underground oceans that may be teeming with life like around our own thermal vents.  Did any of you see that shark with the frilled teeth that just got drug up?  Fascinating.  Anyway one of items was the earth seen from space stations and they showed the guys like surfing the northern lights, and whenever I see or hear of the northern lights I think of the freehold on the top of Michigan.

When I was a kid I was all pumped up by the space race, the sputniks and walking on the moon and then, like most of my countrymen, I lost interest,  At one time I was surprised to hear that we still had a space station.  It's a Russian one too.  I remember when those guys were up there and Russia was in turmoil and they guys had to be hoping they won't forget about us, will they,  And remember those space shuttles?  They were a big deal, but now they are gone, I think they decided that they were unsafe, and I don't know how they get supplies and people up there anymore.

My favorite director, Werner Herzog has a movie, The Wild Blue Yonder which uses archival film of the space station and other places out of context and makes a whole story out of them.  Recommending that for Old Dog who knows how to get free movies out of the internet. 

I can understand how we can put a man on the moon, but we can't put the shift or caps lock key in a better place, but  I can't understand why we can't put a man on the moon again, just for the hell of it.  I mean aren't we more advanced now after fifty years, don't we just keep on advancing?

No comments:

Post a Comment