Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

what's going on up there?

I guess if Certs added handsome medallion to their alternate identities of breath mint and candy mint, they too would become a trinity, I suppose if I added Ten Cat raconteur and performer of improv to my identities I could be, I don't know, a pentamax.

When you say we have God the Creator, the Communicator (What Jesus was a PR guy?), and the Doer, that sounds like three different  um People.  The whole point of the Trinity (and why not the Pentamax, or the Hip 666?) is that they are One, but they are Three, but they are One.  Kind of like (I don't think any of the Beaglestonians are Polish) that piece of paper with see other side written on both sides that reputedly keeps Polish people entertained for hours.

But I bow to the biblical scholar.  I'm pretty sure I've read that Jesus never claimed to be the Son of God, but I guess the New Testament goes on after Jesus has left the building.  At one point (Paul?) they decided that He was the Son of God, which automatically makes God a Father no?  Wait a minute, if the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary what happened to the Father?  I don't  know what fast crowd Beagles is hanging around with these days, but the people I hang with stick with Holy Ghost and not some new-fangled Spirit.

I suspect if you want to know the true story of the Trinity the best thing to do is study the politics of the barbarians and the Byzantine empire a little after the fall of Rome. 


I was just reading something last night about Cygnus which brought a bunch of stuff up to the space station.  I got the impression it was remote controlled.  No mention was made of bringing any people back.  Surely people go there and come back, but we never hear about it.  You know those last five minutes of the network news where they always slot some saccharine story about the Triumph of the Human Spirit, you'd think they could throw in a bit about a returning astronaut, the dangerous descent, the dramatic splashdown, the hugs of the crew.  It would seem that these people would have interesting stories.  And they are always doing experiments, what are they discovering?  Youth wants to know.

Maybe it's the optics.  Every now and then we get a little coverage of the guys and gals up there, and it looks like a crappy place, cramped, and the walls appear to be made of circuit boards with dangling wires that look like cobwebs, and who knows what kind of food they eat, and they never shower, and we certainly don't want to know how they take dumps. 

But when the hand of man (and woman) first stepped out into space, there was some talk among fast crowds (Holy Spirit types), about who would be the first couple to, you know, do it, in space.  Seems likely that would have happened by now.  So what's the story?  Youth wants to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment