Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Two Handed Typing

I don't know how I would go about spanning two keys because I type with two hands. I only use one finger on each hand, but that's plenty for me because I can't think much faster than that. I saw a lady typing once who was using all her fingers, but she was just copying stuff so she didn't have to think about what she was typing. I came into her office to ask her about something job related and figured I should wait until she stopped typing so as to not distract her. She said it was no problem and we talked for some time while she was typing away lickety split. She was copying a list that consisted of both words and numbers, using her left hand for the words and her right hand for the numbers. I suppose that's why they put those numbers on the right, for people like her. Myself, I've always used the number keys on the top, but I don't do long lists like she was doing.

The trick about capitalization is you have to hold the shift key down while you type the letter you want to capitalize with the other hand. If you release the shift key too soon, it doesn't work. What I have trouble with is hitting the caps lock key when I go to type the letter "a". Somebody told me once that you can put a piece of Scotch Tape over the caps lock key because you seldom use it on purpose. The tape would have to span the tab key and the left hand shift key, but I never use those two anyway. It sounds like a good idea, but I've never tried it. Maybe I will someday.

I used to be 5'9'', but I've shrunk a couple of inches in my old age which, I understand, is not unusual. Actually, I would probably still be 5'9'' if I could stand up straight, but that ship sailed a long time ago.

Baptism originally was what you did when you first converted to Christianity, and all the sins you had committed before that were forgiven. I don't think original sin was part of the equation at that time. Some Christians waited until they were on their death bed to get baptized so they could get rid of all the sins they had committed in their lives. I believe the Emperor Constantine was one of those. At some point they started baptizing newborn babies, which seems like a waste of time because they hadn't committed any sins yet. I suppose that's about the time they started worrying about original sin. When my family got baptized all together, that must have been closer to the original intent of the ceremony. The reason my parents hadn't been baptized as infants was that both sets of their parents were anti-clerical. They weren't exactly atheists, they just didn't like the hierarchy of the Catholic Church, which was the only church allowed where they came from. I remember trying to explain to my grandfather that we were Methodists, not Catholics, but I don't think he ever did get it. I invited him to come to church with us, but he said that, if he entered a church building, the roof would fall in on his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment