Search This Blog

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Surfin'

Since I don't know the browsing habits of my fellow Beaglesonians I should point out some of the pitfalls and threats I've found on some of my favorite streaming sites.

- A lot of pop-up windows, usually for online games but there are frequent adult content sites.  Annoying but easily closed.

- Bogus virus warning windows, purportedly from Microsoft, requesting you to fill out some information fields, but do not do this.  These may be tough to close, requiring use of the Task Manager or in the worst case, rebooting the computer.  A big pain the ass but I don't see these very frequently.

- Warnings about being redirected to a "deceptive site."  I think they are supposedly from Google, but I don't remember.  I've ignored these without any ill effects.

Since I run with scissors and play in traffic, these risks are acceptable to me but may not be something you want to deal with and I don't want to fill your heads with foolish notions.  Forewarned is forearmed.

-----

Those wacky Saudis are at it again.  Besides that mega-city that I mentioned, they recently gave citizenship to a robot.  And earlier today they announced a big purge, either firing or arresting a whole bunch of billionaire princes, military bigwigs, government officials, and media network heads.  The charges seem based mostly around corruption and money laundering.  Some loose talk has it that it was done to prevent a coup in the Royal Family, and much is in flux.  My best guess is that heads will roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment