Search This Blog

Friday, November 10, 2017

my eyes are still blue

Oh those ribbons, threaded through those um. little metal things, surprisingly they generally stayed where they were supposed to be, but they did run out of ink eventually.  The longer you used one the fainter your letters became, and eventually you would have to buy a new one and have to thread that through.  But you know what, while the ribbon was wearing down you could still get some faint pages out of it, unlike the current day equivalent, the printer cartridge, that just stops dead when it senses it is low, or as a matter of fact when any of the four cartridges is low the whole damn $70 printer refuses to work at all even if you only want black and white for Chrissake.  I hear this Epson ecotank printer advertised a lot and one day soon I'm getting one and will give a report to the institute.

Speaking of reports I await Old Dog's on SOS.  I found a restaurant not far from me who has it, but I'm guessing they will have like fennel-rubbed beef on artisanal toast, and it won't be the same as the stuff that surely came out of a can and was spread on burnt Wonder bread, on a cold morning when you'd rather be in front of the tv watching cartoons.

Do they change your stats on your drivers license?  I notice that I am still passing for 5' 10", and my eyes are still blue, which they aren't and never were.  An early girlfriend told me that my eyes were hazel and young hippie me thought that was cool and my drivers license used to say HAZEL, but sometime ago I noticed they had become blue and I have never corrected them.  Oh and I guess I never did that donor thing.  I should do that, as should all good citizens.



Of course it's good to pick up ideas from people around you, but it's bad when you connect those ideas, good or bad, to your identity.  Like if you are a proud Gage Parker, and Gage Parkers think the Beatles were better than the Rolling Stones and you go along with that so as not to betray your brothers even though you personally like the Rolling Stones better.

Which strangely brings us to the trinity,by way of the Arians, which you might think is short for barbarians, which they mostly were, the way 'Stros is short of Astros, and 'Tarians! is short for Libertarians, speaking of which whatever is going on with Son O' Rand and the battle of the brush?  The truth is yet to come out on that.

Anyway the Arians believed, reasonably I think, that God and the Son O' God, were two different people, or Beings.  I think they also thought that there was a bit of human in Jesus.  The established church, or the church that became the established church once they defeated the Arians insisted, unreasonably in my opinion, that He was all God and no human in Him and that he was also God who was Him. 

If guys like Plato and Pythagoras were still around they would have pointed out that if you were the son of somebody you could not possibly be that person, but their descendants, the high priests of Constantinople, said see, that's where the Miracle is, it's not a bug, it's a feature.  Best I can tell, and it's quite complicated and involves a lot of arguments and bloodshed, the Holy Ghost just got yanked in there out of nowhere to complicate things and that's their story and their sticking with it. 


I find it hard to believe that out of sixty Texans sitting in a church none of them were packing heat.  If the guy had had a regular gun instead of a super gun fewer people would have been killed, but note that the bumper stock, which is only good for cheap thrills at the shooting range and shooting people in a barrel, is now back in production and selling like hotcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment