Search This Blog

Monday, November 20, 2017

wonderland by night

Magnum Chateau (Big House) didn't ring a bell with me.  Google puts one in Lyons, but you said you drove downtown.  Downtown nightlife wasn't much a thing of my youth.  We did go down to Old Town a few times to stare at the beatniks and see if we could get served somewhere.  

I'm trying to figure out what happened to you that long ago night by the river.  Could the guy have thought you might say aw shucks and walk away without your car and then they could sell it?  That seems a little far-fetched.  Maybe the guy was just fucking with you, or probably there was some scheme to get more money out of you and when you mentioned the police it spooked him a little.

Was it a good boat ride though?  I've gotten into a habit of taking a nighttime cruise in the fall with my sister and brother in law and the nephews if they don't have something better to do.  A lot of bad shit going on in the city, though not so much along the river and mostly of the white color kind, but it looks like Fairyland, nope better than that.  Remember Bert Kaempfurt's Wonderland by Night? That's what it looks like.  

I remembered that as a bit of classical music, but replaying it on YouTube right now it clearly isn't.  Those songs with no words always puzzled me.  

I am wondering a bit about valet parking in the top of Michigan.  How busy are the streets?  But I think I remember Beagles saying that his daughter lived in Petosky which I think is a resort spot.


Back to Bama.  Is this state really in our country?  Seems like the regular reps are giving up on this race.  Some of the Sunday pundits have said they would be better off with the dems winning, just so they wouldn't  have to defend this guy and make themselves look bad.  Made me wonder, should I then root for the crazy judge, but I think a dem in the bush is better than an untrustworthy rep.  Odds are right now that the dem will win.  It seems like most of the newspapers (Bama has newspapers?) have come out against the gentleman caller of mall teens.

I was glad to see that Al was not stepping down.  I was surprised to see so many of my ilk calling for it.  Two things.  One, it's kind of a craze right now, like the idea of satanic cults abusing kids, and if you take a stronger stand against Al as the evil guy, that makes you taller in the army condemning evil and more noticeable the next time they are looking to slate somebody for something,

Two, a lot of my dems love to bash the reps over their sins and they have a harder time doing it with that photo of grasping Al floating around the internet, so they figure that if they condemn him too then they are more simon pure.  Myself, I dunno, condemning Trump is a good time, but I don't know if it changes any minds.

And now we have some Dems saying Bill should have resigned.  I see this as a barely disguised attack on the Hilary wing by the Bernies,.  It would well behoove my dems to learn how to sing kumbaya, but they seem more interested in sharpening knives.

No comments:

Post a Comment