Search This Blog

Sunday, November 5, 2017

No Thanks

After being warned by Old Dog about the risks and pitfalls associated with the site he recommended, I looked up NBC.com to see what that one is like. It looked easy, but I couldn't make it work for me. Every time I clicked on the episode I wanted, all I got were some goofy ads. Then I noticed a box in the upper right hand corner that said "Sign Up". The instructions were unclear to me, it seemed like they wanted to access my profile in another site like Face Book or Twitter. I wouldn't mind establishing an account directly with NBC.com, but I'm not so sure about going through a third party like that. Then I clicked on "FAQs", which didn't explain about establishing an account, but alluded to a couple of other hoops they wanted me to jump through. Apparently I need to download some kind of app, again from a third party. There was also mention of something I needed to get from my TV provider, and that all the providers do not cooperate with NBC.com.

This all seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to watch one show. I may able to catch it on reruns or a DVD might become available some day. If not, well, it's only television.

No comments:

Post a Comment