Search This Blog

Monday, November 6, 2017

take a stand on transubstantiation, here you can do no other

I see where Netflix has the first two seasons of The Good Place on DVD.  Sometimes when there is no movie in my windshield I think of going for one of those cable series that the critics get all gaga about, but that seems like an awful big commitment.  I did watch 8 hours of the first True Detective and it was pretty good, but there was a lot of filler in it.  Like it has to be sliced into hour long segments that each tell a certain arc in the story and sometimes they have to fill in that hour if there's not enough story.  They ought to just make like an eight hour long movie and not divide it into segments like that.

The scariest screen is the one with the phone number to get your data back.  Of course it is just a ruse, but that phone number looks so, I don't know, real.  I'd be tempted to call it to see if there was anybody else on the line, but I'd be afraid that my phone might be contaminated or something, or maybe my phone number would get on the Big Sucker list.


I saw Donna Brazile defending herself on the Sunday shows, she got pretty hot .  There were a lot of details, but it didn't seem like anything approaching illegality, just a little dirty pool, maybe a little like a Saudi coup.  It would almost be a clever ploy - if I thought the Amber Asshole had a clever bone in his body, which I don't, he just runs on resentment and enjoys beating up on his fallen foe - to keep bringing up Crooked Hilary.  It keeps her in the news.

One of the things I liked best about Obama is that he talked to the voter like voter was smart like he was.  I suppose you could say the same thing for the Amber Asshole except that in his world smart is stupid.  But Hilary, you always knew she was lying to you.  Bill was a liar too, but he had a certain charm in it.  Whatever he was saying, you know he believed it at the time.  Hilary, you can tell she knows she is lying even as she is making things up.

And keeping that Bernie/Hilary thing in the forefront is no good for us dems, we need some shining star from nowhere who seems practical and visionary, safe and fearsome.  Nobody in the windshield yet.


(Why don't we discuss zero more often?)
There's nothing to talk about, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.


Old Dog is well-spoken here I suppose, not much that I said about math seems to have piqued the curiosity of the dawgs, but I thought the subject of Martin Luther would be more fertile ground, after all we have a biblical scholar, a reformation buff, and a man who was educated within the Lutheran church within these univied halls.

Elsdon Methodist Church did not have a boy scout troop so that when I decided to don the uniform and be trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent  I did so at a Lutheran Church down the block by 60th and Spaulding.  I don't remember that they pushed much religion on us, and anyway living in Gage Park, in the shadow of St Gall and their black-robed minions, all prot churches seemed relatively alike.

I believe at Elsdon we gave Martin his due. sung a few of his hymns I believe, but didn't get too carried away about it.  I don't believe it was revealed to us at the time that Martin supported transubstantiation and we Methodists did not. 

So what do you think guys, the Body or not the Body? 

No comments:

Post a Comment