Search This Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2018

What Old Dog Said

"Some pundits have stated that current events and the news have made us desensitized to all the weirdness, and I agree.  Perhaps that is what Mr. Beagles is experiencing.  That's the thing about news, if it is repetitive with no additional information it is old, and not news.  Shouldn't news be new?"...….That pretty well sums it up.

I wasn't talking about any particular investigation, just all of them, well most of them.  I threw in the reference to Watergate to establish that it's been like that for a long time.  Of course Nixon shouldn't have gotten off scot free, but why did it have to take so long to get rid of him?  One of my Bircher friends said it best at the time: "Investigating Nixon for Watergate is like investigating John Dillinger for stealing chickens." 

I don't remember the Benghazi investigation going on for such a long time, but maybe it did and I just stopped paying attention.  I do remember the investigation about Hillary's emails going on for a way longer time than it needed to.  She admitted early on that she had exercised poor judgement, but no laws were broken.  I understand that they did pass a law after the fact, but it wasn't illegal when Hillary did it, so ipso facto, case closed. I think what bothers me about the hurricane coverage is that it starts a week or more before the hurricane makes landfall.  Okay the residents need to be warned, but they don't need to hear the same warning over and over again day after day.  It would be different if the hurricane changed course or something but, like Old Dog said,  a repetitive report with no additional information is not really news.

Ironically, some of the things that really deserve a lengthy investigation, like presidential assassinations, get swept under the rug.  I know that Uncle Ken doesn't believe it, but I still think there was a reasonable chance that Lee Harvey Ostwald did not act alone.  I read somewhere, probably Wikipedia, that a similar thing happened with the Abraham Lincoln assassination.  John Wilkes Booth was allegedly killed in a capture attempt, but the body was quickly buried and no autopsy was performed.  Years later, somebody claiming to be the real John Wilkes Booth was reportedly overheard bragging about how he had gotten away with the crime.  Maybe he was lying through his teeth, but we'll never know now.

Interesting story about closing that observatory in New Mexico.  I suppose the most logical explanation is that they were about to conduct some secret government project and didn't want to be observed doing it.  But the post office, what's up with that?

That Woodward name sounded familiar, but I don't believe I've ever seen a picture or film of him.  







No comments:

Post a Comment