Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

it's the principle of the thing

Ah so it is, as I expected, the principle that keeps Old Dog from strolling the cheap and gaudy halls of fb.  I'm not asking Old Dog to cavort with the denizens or to drink down the Kool-Aid, merely to walk the halls with a sneer of derision and to thunk the ever smiling pitcher of Kool-Aid. 

I don't know what a dedicated email means as opposed to just a regular email, and lots of people use fake names on fb.  If the penalty is being kicked out of something you never wanted to be a part of that does not seem so dire.  I had a friend who had been kicked off of fb for reasons he claimed not to know and I got him a new email address and signed him in to fb, and it wasn't that much trouble.

But again I expect it is a matter of pride and principle.  I have never seen an episode of Game of Thrones and when I say that there is a gleam in  my eye and a curl in my lip, much, I suspect, as graces Old Dog's countenance when he tells people he is not a fber.

When writing the last post I did enough internet research to discover that it was a story by Damon Knight, but not enough to find the story.  If Old Dog found it there would be a rare link that I would like to follow.   I remember the name from when I used to subscribe to Galaxy and Amazing Stories and Astounding.  Oh what a joy to find one of those mags in the mailbox with its lurid cover.

It's only Christians who believe in a second coming, the others are waiting for the first and only, but in popular culture I believe it means a really big change.  I'm surprised that the ad agencies haven't been using it, A Second Coming in Cheeto flavor, something like that.

The first suggestion for drinking beer all day was to mix it with lemonade.  I didn't read any further.  What I get for following Old Dog's links.  You know that is the trouble with the internet, if  you're reading the paper, or something on paper, you can scan the first few lines to ascertain if you want to read the rest of it, but with the internet you have to go to a whole new place.

There used to be a term, commie symp, which meant that you claimed not to be a commie, but you were sympathetic to their aims,  There ought to be a term like religio symp or spiritual symp.  I hate the spirituals more than the religios because at least the religios believe in something even if it is wrong, while the spirituals are like whoo whoo, you know what I mean.

If God does not speak to people where did the ten commandments come from.  If we can only speculate about what He wants, we might as well speculate without Him, who needs Him?  If He refuses to talk who cares what He wants?

No comments:

Post a Comment