Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

tv channel battles

I had friends in town last weekend, why I missed my Monday morning post.  It seemed like a relatively quiet news time, and then Christine Ford came out,  Before that Kavenaugh was a lead pipe cinch, anymore, well he will probably still get in, but maybe not.  I am surprised that the reos aren't just ramrodding this through, but I guess there was some resistance in their own party.  I wonder if some of those guys are uneasy about their poll numbers for 2018, a lot of which is generally ascribed to women.  One thing that I don't quite understand is that the white house is on board with this and even leading the way.  It doesn't sound like him does it?

She has some collaborative evidence (notes to a psychiatrist I think), he flatly denies it .  His buddy who was supposedly in the room with him denies it, I think there were three other people at the party that we haven't heard from.  Was it such a big deal?  He was drunk, it was a long time ago.  I guess it depends on who you ask.

But it is a delay and that makes my ilk happy, anything can happen during a delay, maybe this and that and it gets pushed back until after November when hopefully the blue wave will have washed over Washington.  The blue wave is not expected to wash over the senate, but we will have a little hand, maybe something will work out.

I didn't realize that Old Dog watched the Sunday news shows too.  They used to be much better.  There used to be cynical lefty reporters who would criticize the dems and cynical righties that would criticize the reps, now both sides hew more closely to the party line, and they have way too many actual pols who are just promoting themselves.  But I generally try to catch them all, and as Old Dog says it is a dance, dodging between Fox and NBC at nine, and then CBS pops up at nine thirty, so there are three. but the first two are over at ten when ABC pops up and for the last hour it is just ABC.  I wonder if I could get this on my phone in order to break the boredom of the gym.

Speaking of the gym from it's inception there was only one channel you could get on the tv there: CNN.  It was that or turn the tv off.  Last week I went down there and it was on ESPN,  Well sports, you think, that is kind of neutral, but ESPN is worse than sports, it is jocks past their time pontificating loudly about, well mostly about themselves.

WTF.  Of course I complained in the office.  The guy down there said some people had complained.  Foxies I assume.  I read the election returns and the building is solidly blue, but it only takes a few Foxies to spoil the soup.  The battle wages (simmers) on, and at least we have gotten rid of ESPN.  We now have the Travel channel, which sounds okay, exotic locales and all, but like the History and Science channels it has long shed content corresponding to its name and last week it was showing ghost stories and this week it is showing bizarre foods.

I thought by the time I got back to posting we would be done with conspiracy theories, but this morning I have learned that there is something fishy about fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment