Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2018

investigate that fox

We just had a fox run across the beach, I've never seen that before.  CNN correspondent in the Carolinas just now.  This hurricane coverage has them grasping for something, anything, to say, to fill in all that dead air.  How would I know?  I just tuned in at 3:30 because I couldn't sleep, just to see what is going on with Florence.  What is going on?  It's raining and blowing.  Couldn't they have just said that and moved on?

No.  Because people just tune in from time to time to see what is going on with the hurricane and if they see some other story they will click onto one of the other networks.  These networks watch each other and as long as one network has the hurricane so will all of them even if they have nothing to say but that they just saw a fox run across the beach.

Perhaps I did jump to conclusions (who me?) about what Beagles was complaining about.  It was the mention of political investigations and Woodward whose book just came out, and the fact that he has complained before about the collusion investigation that made me think he was talking about that, but I see now that he never did actually said anything about that.

By the way Beagles how did you get that nice black font?  I always type my posts with the blackest font, but when I Publish it, it turns that awful grey, that I have to squint to see.

I brought up the Benghazi investigation because I was assuming (wrongly in retrospect) that Beagles was complaining about the length of the collusion (it's not really collusion, it's about Russian influence in our elections, but these investigations tend to swerve, ask Bill Clinton).  Benghazi is the example that my ilk uses to counter the complaints of Beagles's ilk about the length of the collusion investigation.

The state department clearly fucked up in Benghazi, but it does that from time to time.  And it does the right thing a lot too, just like the Cubs win some and lose some.  I guess if somebody (Hilary) had done something specifically illegal or wrong that would make it worthy of an investigation.  But in the course of this long and expensive investigation they came up with zilch, no convictions, no nothing. 

Something fishy huh?  That's how all these conspiracy things get started, no Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick is something you can prove right or wrong, but just doesn't the Colonel's mustache look unkempt today, maybe he didn't trim it this morning, why didn't he trim it?  Something fishy going on here.  Let a thousand crackpot theories bloom.

Maybe the dawgs were bored with Watergate, but I watched it raptly all along, and it did get us rid of a rotten prez.  Likewise the current one, and yes, I hope that it will do in the current prez.

And now you guys want to investigate Roswell New Mexico, and reopen the Kennedy assassination, and why not look into Lincoln's as well?

Well I declare, maybe you guys ought to be investigated.

No comments:

Post a Comment