Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2016

Wait 'til next week!

Not much can be said today.  Reality has shifted beyond my comprehension; the Cubs are in the World Series.  A known constant in my life has been proven false and I don't know what to make of it.

It's a good thing, especially for all the long suffering fans, but if they win the series it could be the end of their mystique and charm.  They will be just another baseball team, no longer unique and a source of optimism against all odds.  Cub fans have always been heroic and defiant: Wait 'til next year!  I fear that will change, and not for the better.  Regardless, I hope they win.

Chicago looked awfully civilized this weekend.  A reported 300,000 people in the streets around Wrigley Field, with only 6 arrests.  Seems impossible unless the police were being generous, anticipating larger crowds yet to come, win or lose.

Ticket prices are insane: average is $7200.  More than $100 to park in some guys driveway?  Yikes!  Capitalism in action; whatever the market will bear and it bears a lot.  Strike while the iron is hot, they say, and I can't blame them.

No comments:

Post a Comment