Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Anybody But Trump, Except Hillary

Ken still seems to think that I would vote for Trump if I didn't vote for Johnson. I admit that I briefly considered voting for Trump right after he won the Republican nomination, but Ken talked me out of it. My rationale was that, since Trump wasn't going to win, a vote for him would just be a protest vote. Ken pointed out that, while a vote for Trump would indeed be a vote against Hillary, it would also be a vote for Trump. About the same time, I read something in our local paper by a syndicated columnist who argued that the old "lesser of two evils" concept doesn't apply here because both Trump and Hillary are equally evil, they're just two different kinds of evil. Then I looked up who the Libertarians were offering this year and decided that he was the lesser of three evils, so now I'm going to vote for him. I still wish I could vote for "none of the above", which is kind of what I'm doing when I vote for Johnson. It's still just a protest vote but, this way, I get two protests for the price of one.

I've got nothing against the Theory of Relativity, but I don't think it has anything to do with the atomic bomb. The atomic bomb is about converting matter into energy as expressed in the formula E=MC2, while relativity leads us into the warping of space/time and returning from a trip before you left, or something like that. Actually, you don't need relativity to travel forward or backward in time. All you need to do is step over the border between two time zones, although that will only gain or lose you an hour. If you did it on the International Date Line, you would gain or lose a whole day. I wonder if you went round and round the world so fast that you crossed the date line numerous times, would you keep gaining or losing a day each time? I seem to remember that Superman did something like that, but that was just a movie. Still, it's worth looking into, somebody should get working on that.

Last I heard, Topeka was in Kansas. It's Toledo, that was supposed to be in Michigan but ended up in Ohio. Too bad they didn't take Detroit and Flint as well. Michigan got the Upper Peninsula, which was supposed to be in Wisconsin, as a consolation prize. I don't think Wisconsin got anything out of the deal but screwed.

I don't see why a river couldn't split into two forks and both forks have rapids somewhere down the line. One branch might carry more water than the other, but that doesn't mean the smaller branch has to dry right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment