Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2016

In and under the bus

In keeping with tradition, Columbo took priority over the latest debate.  But since only thirty minutes had lapsed I decided to take a peek, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.  I mean taking a peek in the literal sense, as I had the sound turned off.
,
It was a good opportunity to study their movement, facial expressions, gestures, and body language, without the distraction of their annoying voices.  First thing I saw was Pumpkin Head standing only a few feet behind the Big Girl (who appeared quite short, actually), and I thought, WTF?  It may have been meant as an intimidating gesture, but it looked awfully creepy to me instead.  Then he was walking around, as if unsure of what to do.  He didn't look like he was having a good time; witness the way he gripped the back of his chair and the way he crossed his arms.  I'd label it defensive frustration.

The difference in their responses to the audience questions was revealing.  He stood in one spot and kept his distance, whereas she approached the audience and seemed much more engaged with the person asking the question.  I don't know what she said, but her confidence was apparent and it looked like she knew what she was talking about, if eye contact is any indication.  Whenever she smiled I knew that the Twatwaffle had said something really stupid.

Overall, I'd give her the big win but I might change my mind if I find out what they were actually saying.  The pundits say it was ugly, but I haven't reviewed the tape.

-----

I read about that pre-debate business with the former friends of Bill.  Not a good tactic, but desperate people do desperate things, no?  And that audio clip with Billy Bush on the bus...Oy!  I've never heard of anyone grabbing a pussy; it doesn't seem physically possible unless you have really small hands.  Presidents require tact and discretion, which this guy doesn't have by any measure.

Maybe the best is yet to come.  A former producer of The Apprentice says that the bus tape is nothing, and there are much worse things that were said, all recorded for posterity.  But those tapes are property of Mark Burnett, the guy who owns the rights, and the participants have signed documents stating they will be penalized 5 million bucks if the tapes are leaked.  It just so happens there are crowd-funding projects already in play to raise the money, and maybe someone like Mark Cuban will pony up the cash, just for laughs.  Plenty of fun times are still ahead...

-----..

I think Pence will get fed up and bail; he certainly has all the justification he needs.  Such an action will put him in good stead with whatever is left of the Republican Party when this circus finally leaves town.  Is that the knife you are thinking of, Uncle Ken?

No comments:

Post a Comment