Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

I'm Still Here

Something came up and I didn't get online Thursday evening. I wrote something Friday, but not on Monday, because I have absolutely no interest in sports.

My computer shut down on me this evening and didn't want to start back up.  I got this message from Microsoft that said there was a problem, and asking me if I wanted them to fix it. I said yes and, after a few minutes they said that it might be fixed. They told me to try to start it and, if it didn't work, they would try again to fix it. Well, it seems to have worked, at least for now. I guess I took a chance because it might not have really been Microsoft calling, but the thing was no good to me as it was. I read on Wiki the other day that some hackers got into some kind of server network and crashed computers all over the world a few days previous. The big servers claimed to have everything restored, but maybe my problem was related to that. Maybe a few bugs had evaded he exterminators and were hiding out in my system.

Firearm deer season isn't till November 15, but everything comes sooner the older I get, so I'm trying to get ready now. I spent most of the spring and summer putting up firewood, and I've got that done. I made the first fire of the season this evening. We use the gas heat from late April until about now because the wood fires are too hard to control in mild weather. If you make it too hot in the house, your hypothetical wife gets really upset, or so I've been told.

No comments:

Post a Comment