Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

But not sushi

Good pizza in Cold War Berlin, huh?  I shouldn't be surprised since the Italians and Germans were pretty tight a few decades previously.  But pouring olive oil on a pizza is new to me and sounds hardcore.  I've read that drizzling a little oil on a frozen pizza can be an improvement, but needing a pitcher sounds excessive.  Could have been a good cure for constipation, though.

That reminds me of one of my own eating experiences while overseas.  The first time in my life that I ate tacos was on Okinawa.  Quite a few military personnel, having married local gals, retired and stayed on The Rock and opened eateries.  Soul food, Italian, Mexican, you name it, all catering to the tastes of the boys far from home.  Some of them opened nightclubs or bars; one guy I knew had a concert/dance place called the "Fillmore East," complete with light shows.  Good times.

-----

Uncle Ken is correct in the use of biker term dressers (or full-dressers), but that's a little out of date.  The current term is touring bike, as opposed to sport bike, cruiser, street bike, dirt bike, blah, blah, blah.  You don't see cafe racers much anymore; I liked those.  The simplest, unadorned bike is referred to as naked.

And now I have to rethink my assessment of Inside Llewyn Davis; Uncle Ken keeps bringing up points which I shouldn't ignore.  Damn, I hate when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment