Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Welcome, Whig and Nullifier parties

That was quite a long winded article you linked to, Uncle Ken.  After reading about a quarter of it I started scanning instead of reading, hoping something new would jump out.  Didn't happen, but I think I got the gist of it.  The page has been bookmarked in case I decide it deserves a closer read at a later time.

-----

Whatever the outcome on Tuesday I think it's safe to say that the two party system as we have known it is dead.  Gone.  Kaput.  The Republicans will split into two parties, consisting of the NeverChump Republicans and the Mr. Fart Followers.  At this point I don't think they can coexist under the same banner.  Likewise with the Democrats, the Pro-Bernie faction is too large but that's just my impression.  Nobody is going to be really happy on November 9th except media folk, who will have much to blather about in their quest for the highest ratings.

-----

And speaking of blathering, I read that the Twitter account of Mr. Fart is out of his hands and is now being controlled by his staff in order to keep everything on message.  No more rants or self-defeating tweets from "he of the tiny hands."  It must be working, as the gap is getting closer, depending on which part of the lying media you read.  I think it could go either way, depending on voter turnout.  Las Vegas quit taking bets on this election a few days ago; do they think the fix is in and the system is rigged?

For insight on the rigged system, NPR had a good (and not too long) piece on the electoral college and I think it is worth a read:
http://www.npr.org/2016/11/06/500660424/how-the-electoral-college-works-and-why-you-don-t-want-to-think-about-it?

-----

Millions of delirious Cub fans the other day, and I'm glad it's over.  All that remains is the insidious earworm of their new anthem..."Hey hey, what do you say?"  I say, "Enough, already!"


No comments:

Post a Comment