Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

the excitement of playing in the band and becoming president

I had an experience not unlike the one that Beagles described.  I went to the county fair with a friend, his girlfriend, and another girl, Marcia, that we both knew.  Marcia was pretty hot, dare I say out of my league, but suddenly she took to me like a cat to catnip, which in Beagle parlance, was just fine with me,.  She was all over me, It was great.  At the end of the evening when I was leaning in to get my goodnight kiss she closed the door firmly in my face.  What the hell?  And then I remembered that she was the former girlfriend of my friend and everything fell into place.    

I wonder if Blondie was an ex of the music man,  One would think so with his casual mention of 'stuff,' of which Beagles disapproved, as do I.  We are not all Trumps out there Ladies.

Music men (and women).  Seems like most songs are some variation of love songs and the better ones have a focus on the carnal side of the subject, and you are often in bars filled with intoxicated women looking for a fling,  Myself I took lessons on the piano accordion, but I didn't  make the grade and now I live with two cats.  On the brighter side when I head for the fridge to get another beer neither of them ask me if I don't think I've had enough for the night,  


I think there are several reasons people run for president.  One is that for some people it is fun.  It is like touring with a band, the people love you.  I am happy if I can get three or four people to laugh at one of my jokes, what would it be like if I had a whole auditorium cheering for me?  I would think Bill Clinton and Dumbo are like that.  The other thing is that it is the top of their game, it is like the world series, I'll wager every guy that gets elected to county clerk is counting the steps to the oval office  Well not everybody, but most of them.  You seldom see a politician not take an opportunity to work his way up.  I would put Obama and Hillary here.  And a third thing would be too do right.  I think this is spread out between the first two types.  To do right you have to have power, and sometimes achieving power seems like the same thing as doing right.


You know there is a gene for excitement, or several genes, but they are things they can read from your DNA and predict with some success, who will be the mountain climbers and who will be the accountants. I guess there are people who are perfectly fine sitting home and watching Two Broke Girls, but others find it boring and want to go out to the bar where they are perfectly happy sipping their brews and flapping their jaws, but some of their friends want to go to the bar down the street where there are faster women and better chances of getting into a fight.  If none of us had these genes we would be in trouble when that other tribe showed up to take our stuff and our women.  If we all had it we would be fighting each other all the time, so that is why Mother Nature gives us just the right amount.


I'm a bit more cynical than Old Dog about  leaders.  I think those good leaders who arise naurally are just clever guys who know how to make it look like they arise naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment