Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

voting against them

I hate following links, but as long as Beagles went there I followed him to that cult of Hillary thing, and the guy made his case by quoting ten people, mostly celebs who tend to be histrionic anyway.  Anybody can quote ten people to prove anything they care to.  Everybody I know voted for Clinton and I don't remember any of them having stars in their eyes.  The most favorable comment about her was that she wasn't so bad, actually that was me, and the Clintonites I ran into generally told me yes she was (that bad) but they were voting for her anyway.  I guess that makes me a member of the Clinton cult.  Those pantsuits were kind of cute, like pajamas.

At the beginning her voice grated on me, but I got used to it, and surprisingly the amber asshole didn't bother me much either, his voice is just like the big fucking asshole you run into in barrooms from time to time, just part of the ambiance, like the jukebox or the flapping jaws of the geezers.  You know whose voice does get on my nerves?  That Trump campaign manager Kewpie Doll Konway.  We can expect to hear her voice a lot in the next four years.

Total number of Americans eligible to vote218,959,000
Total number of Americans registered to vote146,311,000
Total number of Americans who voted in the 2012 Presidential election129,235,000

These are the numbers I got from the google machine.  This is the 2012 election, but it is probably close.  It looks like about 30 percent of eligible voters aren't registered.  It  also looks like when they speak of that 55 percent  turnout they are talking about eligible rather than registered voters.  A little surprising to me with all the get out the vote campaigns, you almost have to go out of your way not to register, so maybe those guys don't want to register because they want them to.

I make fun of Beagles talking about they all the time, but it seems maybe that was a factor in this election.  Don't you think to Joe Sixpack it looked like the big girl was who they wanted you to vote for and AA was who they didn't want you to vote for.


As a partisan, and apparently a member of the Big Girl Cult, I take umbrage at Old Dog's accusation of screwing the pooch.  We voted against Dumbo.  How are we more to blame than those who didn't vote at all, or those who voted for Dumbo?  But this is an unattractive post election period.  I was hoping to be sitting back with my cats on my lap chuckling over the reps sniping at each other, but instead I am watching the dems do it.  It's not pretty.


At the House of Chin bar where I worked and the Esquire Lounge where I was a regular sometimes everybody was having such a good time, including the owner, that after last call they would turn down the lights and the beer was free, and those were the best beers of the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment