Search This Blog

Saturday, November 5, 2016

The Populist Revolt

I can't believe I read the whole thing. It was really long, took me two evenings to get through it, but it was really good too. Well, good in the sense that it explained the situation quite well, not good in the sense that it was righteous. Indeed, it almost persuaded me to vote for Trump myself, which I'm pretty sure is not what the author intended. I have said all along that I could vote for Trump if he wasn't such an asshole. I agree with most of his positions on the issues, I just don't like the guy's personality. I'm still not convinced that he wasn't sent to sabotage the Populist Revolt. I mean, Trump is the kind of guy that gives conservatives and reactionaries a bad name. I do like the term "Populist Revolt" and think we should start using it to describe what Ken calls "my ilk". Yep that's me, a proud member of the Populist Revolt, but I'm still not voting for Trump. With any kind of luck, Trump will crash and burn and we can find someone better to lead the Populist Revolt to victory four years from now. Hey, if the Chicago Cubs can win the World Series, then anything is possible. All we need to do is keep saying "Wait till next year!" for as many years as it takes.

I can't come up with a conclusive ending to the Deed's Bar story because it's a true story, so I can't just make something up and plug it in. My theory is that those two love birds were putting on a show to impress their friends and enhance their desirability. Like I said before, a woman, or a man for that matter, becomes more attractive when somebody else is interested in them. The old "Them that has, gets." principle. Of course it's just a theory, and we'll probably never know for sure. I don't remember the lady's name, and the guy has been dead for some time now. I doubt that even Wiki can help us with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment